When I getting ready to move here I wondered where the free wireless internet spots were here in town. I’m still ferreting some of them out, but I couldn’t find a list of them anywhere on the internet. So I started asking around and doing some of my own investigation. I’ll make a list of place I know there is free wifi. I’ll update it as more are discovered:
- Bottletree Bakery: Just off The Square. (map) A really eclectic, snazzy bakery with good breakfast and lunch. It was actually featured on The Food Network and Oprah because of their pies.
- San Francisco Bread Company: Jackson Avenue (map)
- Pak Mail: Jackson Ave (map)
- McAllisters: University Avenue (map) The restaurant that is pretty much like all the other McAllisters, yet this one was the first one.
- High Point Coffee: North Lamar by The Square.
- Purple Haze: North Lamar (map) Nice little shop with culture and groovy tunes.
- Puddin Place Bed & Breakfast: University Avenue (map)
- Kroger: University Ave (map)
- Comfort Inn: Jackson Ave (map)
- Days Inn: Jackson Ave (map)
- Proud Larry’s: South Lamar (map). You may have to ask them for access, but they’re cool about it.
Now please double check me on these. Sometimes I’ve found a signal, but then turns out you have to pay to surf (like McDonalds). But I may have missed some or have been mistaken about a couple. If there is a correction or addition that needs to be made, leave a comment!