Sometimes you just gotta get it out:
- Soccer: Addison’s first game last night got tornadoed out. There were warnings around us and a little rain, so it was called off. She was disappointed. In a word, soccer in Oxford doesn’t seem to be as big/good as soccer in Clinton.
- Owl City: It’s just a guy w/ some really creative skills in making music. It’s my new fave. It should be yours too. Unless you like Nickleback. Then there’s no hope.
- I’m watching politics now. Not sure who I’ll vote for. Pretty sure who I won’t vote for. But nothing is for certain. Palin’s speech tonight should be interesting. I feel sorry for her daughter. On many different levels.
- I’m looking forward to this fall at The Orchard. Very interested to see all that God does with us. We want to be used by Him.
- MSU’s opponent for this weekend is actually staying at Camp Lake Stephens a few miles away from me. I might try to go see them playing in the creek or taking a mud hike. How funny would that be?
- I set up a 12′ soccer goal in my back yard Monday. It’s nice. It’ll be a pain to move/take down.
- There are Louisiana evacuees all around town. The Square was full of them yesterday. There are even a lot on my street. New Orleans still is closed.
- I miss a good Clinton High School pep rally. Nothing compares. And I especially like when they “close” with Superstar.
- My wife is at the doctor. Five dogs attacked her while she was running the other night. Bit her leg. Obviously it isn’t too serious if she’s just now at the doctor two mornings later. But for a tetanus shot and all that. But a car came up honking and swerving at the dogs to scatter them. She says if not for that car they might have taken her down. Scary.