Wow, it’s 11:30 here in Grandville, MI, just outside of Grand Rapids. And, yes, it’s cold. But not at all unbearable. I have not even been here 24 hours yet, but it feels like we’ve been here about three days. We left Jackson Sunday afternoon around 5:30 and didn’t get to our hotel in Grandville until close to 1:00am. But then after check in and getting settled in, I seriously think it was after 2:30 when we finally got to sleep. Then we got up at 6:30 because we had to do some early registration stuff. So today has been a long day and not a lot of rest.Â I really, really plan to do more details, but here’s a quick overview of the last 30ish hours.
- Brister carried John, Stevie, and me to the airport. We got there in plenty of time. Time enough to watch the Saints get beat and our plane delayed because it had to wait on another plane that was late. So we spent about two hours waiting in that Jxn Airport. Good times.
- I had a double seat to myself somehow. Had two two month old babies in front of me. But they traveled well. Thankfully.
- Quick stop in Detroit’s airport. Possibly the nicest airport I’ve ever been in.
- De-icing of our plane on the runway took about an hour. We didn’t take off until after we were supposed to have landed!
- A taxi ride from Grand Rapids to Grandville with a crazy driver. Nuff said
- Hotel said no check-in’s after midnight. As we were standing at the door at 12:28. But she let us in anyhow.
- No wifi though. But that was our first hotel. We got one night there because it was across the parking lot from Mars Hill.
But I’m about to fall asleep, so I’ll leave it at this for now.