I had a friend that went last year and raved about it. And I read a few blogs of folks who had attended, and they said it was exceptional. My friend actually said, “It’s better than anything I’ve been to at Northpoint…” Those were some big words there.
So what am I looking forward to?
- I’m looking forward to hearing Mark Beeson teach. He’s a gifted communicator and has pushed his church in so many creative ways. [I still find it interesting that he’s in a very “innovative” church, yet still preaches with a coat and tie each week. But hey, seems to be working for him!]
- I’m looking forward to hearing Shawn Wood talk of their creative process of finding the sweet spot of who God created his church to be and who they are not. That way they are not trying to be a huge buffet of ministries, but being dang good at what they’re created to do.
- Getting to hear Tim Stevens speak about recognizing and using culture to communicate the life changing truths of Jesus.
- Maybe meeting Kem Meyer and Tim Stevens both.
- Attending the Granger Film Festival where churches bring their best vids from the last year or so for a competition.
- Hearing Rob Wegner speak his heart about missions and how to impact the local community for The Kingdom.
- To be able to hear Kathy Guy speak on the small group strategies of GCC and how it makes a difference in their people. Might even get to grab lunch w/ her at some point.
- Steven Furtick will tell the stories of how his church has had a wild growth as it’s barely 2 years old. And the struggles and processes they’ve gone trough. And I want to see his weird hair in person.
- Plus, I hope to be able to walk around the campus of Notre Dame while I’m there too.
- And there will be some good companions from The Orchard in Tupelo to be with.
I will have frequent updates and maybe some pics/video of stuff while I’m there. I’ll “take you along” so to speak.