Emily started a few different Meme’s or challenges. Then she challenged me specifically with one. So I’m falling in line with it. It’s a Professional Development Meme. One where you get better at something professional I guess. Let’s read the rules:
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2008 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
- Pick 3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/01/08).
- Post the above directions along with your 3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Professional Development Meme and link back/trackback to http://emilywithaheart.com/2008/05/29/pdmeme.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme.
- Tag 5 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
Then I’m supposed to give my “professional goals”. Here goes.
- Read one book a month related to church leadership or spiritual development.
- Learn the basics and move to the intermediate level of Photoshop.
- Pray and read my Bible 6 of 7 days a week.
We’ll see how it goes. And I tag: