It’s the weekend. And it’s almost over. But why not throw up some random thoughts?
- MSU football recruiting is making me a happy man. Four big announcements this weekend. Hopefully a few more to go. Scout.com has them with the #15 recruiting class in the nation right now with a few more weeks to go. We’ll see what happens.
- MSU basketball is making me happy too. After a good start to the season, then a bit of a stumble it seems they’re back on their feet. I thought the season was going to stink. Now we’re 3-0 in the SEC. Even beat Arkansas @ Bud Walton Arena.
- LOST starts back this week. I’ve been ready. It’s tied for my favorite tv show ever (maybe.)
- Friday Night Lights finished season three on DirecTV this week and then started season 3 on NBC Friday night. I know that seems strange. But rest assured that I think FNL is maybe the best tv show ever. Amazing. Now we gotta see if it gets renewed for a new season or not.
- Now since I’ve been thinking of making videos I have been researching good video cameras. I’ve realized that “good” to some people means “astronomical” to me. I’ve had cameras recommened to me that are about the same amount of money as what I made my first year working at a church. Wow. But I know there are some good ones out there.
- I know I’ve mentioned this before, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to try to sell my Canon camera and buy a Nikon. As in the D90.
- I want a new theme for my blog here. Might it make me post more?
- A friend of mine just started a blog. He also just went back to MSU after working in Jackson for a couple of years as an engineer. Give him a look when you can. Head First.
- We don’t have cable. And the rabbit ears don’t pick up much of anything. That’s why we love Netflix and Hulu.com. But my mom thinks since we don’t have cable we can’t figure out what the weather is. So she goes to a weather website to email me the forecast if it’s going to be cold or rain or something. I guess she doesn’t think computers in Oxford can get that info w/o her finding it first. But she’s just looking out for me.
- Do any of you ever visit Pandora or Last.fm‘s sites? You can discover some cool music through them. Give them a shot. That’s where I found Owl City. [and if you’ve not found Owl City….then you should.]
- Spring semester starts back for Ole Miss on Wednesday. So that means the busy roads and crowded restaurants and hopping night life are all about to return. But to be honest, I do like the buzz of the place when school is in session. I like it when it’s calm too. I think you can find a good rhythm there.
That’s all for now…