I’m sitting in High Point Coffee for a quick pit stop after paying my speeding ticket. I almost got driving school except for I was driving with a Commercial Drivers License. Nevermind that I was in a regular vehicle and the CDL was needed for my old job. I can’t wait to drop it.
But I’m uploading some pictures to print. So I came to one of the local watering holes. And it’s interesting today. Here’s what I see around me.
- Halloween decorations: to the tune of cotton stretched to look like spiderwebs, orange lights, and big black spiders.
- A girl with a stack of books a foot high. Most of them had Thoreau on the spine. Surely she won’t need all 9 of them while sitting here.
- About four macbooks. One is black. Looks sweet.
- Two guys in black suits wearing their shades inside. They didn’t’ realize that look went out when the debate left Oxford.
- Sarah Palin is on the tv. But the sound is down so I can listen to something I can’t really pick out on XM radio.
- About 6 junior high kids. I tried to take them for young looking high school kids, but then they got up and started moving around and removed any doubt. They they cozy up in the big chairs together and stroke each others face.
- The above should be outlawed in some fashion.
- New photos on the wall. They each have a little card at the bottom corner. So they’re for sale. I’ll check them out before I leave.
- Now CNN has a story on “Atheist Business Campaigns” in London.
- Older folk with their younger children sitting and reading at tables.
- The junior highers finally left. Now it feels comfortable in here.
- Tow friends talking animatedly over a magazine or something.
- And some readers.
That’s what’s happening in my neck of the woods. What’s happening right where you are RIGHT NOW?